CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Graduating classes for EL 1127 Papers 1 and 2

Yes, there are many ways to ask questions about English Language




You are here to ask questions about paper 1127/01 and 1127/02.


1. Please identify yourself and your class.

2. Then ask the question briefly. If you are referring to a question in the TYS, tell me the year and question.

3. Always give me the answer that YOU think is possible or most appropriate and then indicate why you have a concern.

All questions need to be posted before 8 pm. I will answer each one here. I am not a personal tutor so do not ask me to answer the questions anywhere else. NO MORE QUESTIONS AFTER 9 PM on 22/4.

Good Luck.

NOTE WELL

This is a Lit blog for my Sec 2 Lit classes. You will not enter anything in any blog that is linked to this blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms. Jumiah.

I am Leslie from class 4E7.

This question is regarding the summary question about Isabella Tree.

I understand that I have to link my points to the question. However, I still cannot identify what the question really wants.

For example:
Isabella is able to speak English unlike the hunters. Hence, there was a communication breakdown and Isabella felt lonely and left out of the group.

This example shows that the differences in their languages made Isabella encounter a psychological difficulty.

Is this linking to the question about Isabella encountering difficulties during the trip? Is it a correct inference?

Anonymous said...

Gd afternoon Ms Jumiah.. I am Afifah from class 5A1.. I wolud like to ask you if there is letter writing for our paper1 besides writing a composition?

Ms J said...

Leslie

That is a correct assumption and link.

For example:
Isabella is able to speak English unlike the hunters. Hence, there was a communication breakdown and Isabella felt lonely and left out of the group.

In this case you would have got 3 marks. 1 mark to pick out a difference and 2 marks for making the inference that because of this difficulty, they could not communicate and as a result of that she felt lonely and left out.

- She felt lonely and left out is what actually happened throughout the passage and so the rest of your summary would have to answer this point. THIS is her actual difficulty as finally she was rather glad that she could be of some help. If she could communicate and did not feel left out, they would be able to point out all the hazards and she would be more able to ask for help.

I hope this is helpful.

Ms J said...

Afifah

Part 1 of 1127/01 is answering ONE question out of 5 questions.

Part 2 of 1127/1 is answering functional writing, which could be
a. letter - formal/informal/friendly
b. Speech writing
c. report writing
d. writing an article for a magazine etc

These formats are the ones that would usually come out so you would have to know how to write them. Whatever it is, the writing is always making ONE choice out of 2 or more. Just make ONE choice and explain your reasons or one proposal and explain your reasons.

Good Luck. If you need anything else, then ask me.